The Game Changer in Sediment & Erosion Control
Siltron® is a 3-layer composite geotextile designed to address the shortcomings of typical silt fence and super silt fence geotextile. Siltron® will be offered at a comparable installed price to super silt fence. Like CFS, Siltron® functions as a dynamic filter-ponder and beyond that grabs viscous construction site pollutants.
- Much higher UV resistance than typical silt fence
- Can replace metal wire backed silt fences because of its strength
- Extreme puncture resistance - Hand tools used to remove sediment won’t compromise the textile like typical silt fence where nicks and cuts during servicing often lead to future failures
- Acts as a dynamic filter-ponder - Allows the fence to deal with dynamically changing stormwater intensity across the entire face of the composite geotextile
- Available in both pre-staked bundles for trenching and master rolls for static slicing machines
- Goes beyond sediment retention to sequester any viscous pollutants in the water - like motor oil, hydraulic fluid, diesel, and fitting grease from the stormwater
According to TRI Environmental, Siltron® demonstrates the highest sediment removal rate while at the same time also demonstrating the highest seepage rateever seen in a fencing geotextile (97.8% and 1.51 gpm/ft2 respectively via ASTM 5141 test). Designed to resist blinding and keep seeping. For a dynamic filter-ponder, blinding is caused by the buildup of sediment during the transition from filter to ponder.
Although ponding exposes upper fresh high-flow surface, we still want the sediment covered lower area to pass water, but how? Two ways, first, a unique course textured 8 oz. non-woven pre-filter is specifically designed to resist blinding. Second, Siltron® exhibits a rubbery “squishiness” to the overall composite. Under hydraulic pressure Siltron® compresses but de-compresses as pressure alleviates. When a blinding slurry builds up under hydraulic pressure, as the pressure alleviates, the compressed textile snaps back (about .5mm). This snapback breaks open the slurry and seepage continues.